Friday, September 3, 2010

impromptu speech tips

Impromptu speech is something that I can't work on.
A few hours ago in our Speech Comm class I was assigned to make an Impromptu speech.
" What would you like to become famous " I only had 2 minutes to prepare.

I did my best but I guess my best wasn't good enough.
I did find ways to become different, segue greeting my classmate who is celebrating birthday, it didn't effect.
My preparation was overtime, when it's my turn I was still outlining my ideas.
I asked for a pen so I can write it down on the board, but in fact I just want to hold on something to gain confidence. I also asked my classmates to bear with me because this is my first time to do this. Above all, I confused my beautiful classmates.

Anyway I started it this way I said I would like to become famous as the veggie blogger , my thoughts started to become disorganize. I stuttered, I became nervous and I didn't really like my whole speech. Anxiety is my name. Instead of emphasizing what I would like to become famous for I ended discussing the advantages of becoming vegetarian. I could have said that I would like to become a famous blogger who blogs about the benefits of being a vegetarian. And then discuss the benefits of being vegetarian, then conclude with when I become famous.................

I think that I should work on organizing my thoughts. Here are some impromptu speech tips :

  • Arrive early and relax

  • Breathe normally

  • Focus, jot down in mind some ideas

  • Provide ideas like What, when, where or 1,2,3 something that captures the audiences attention.

  • Formulate a very interesting thesis statement.

  • Find time to practice speaking alone


Despite of my desperation I still feel good because even if I was not able to speak the way it should be I was able to tell everyone what I would wanted to say. The next time around I will really try my best to work hard on it.

12 comments:

Adaline Hasler said...

Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

aparadekto said...

Hey, I can't view your site properly within Opera, I actually hope you look into fixing this.

college scholarship said...

this post is very usefull thx!

Futons for Sale said...

Hi, I just read texts on your blog and I became interested in the topic. I like your site and I am thinking whether I could use your words in my work? Would it be possible? If yes, please contact with me.Thanks.

Daphne said...

brand-new heard of the fresh Kinect? Its actually awesome! I never had so much fun playing game titles before, eventhough I might call myself the hardcore player in which usually plays game titles like Call of Duty and so on. The Kinect is definitely so different than anything I have ever before played before. your motion controles work really well, and not just that, but not required to use a controller to learn is the personification connected with freedom! No infuriating button smashing any longer, a single word will do! You should think about getting a Kinect!.

Shannon said...

brand-new heard of the fresh Kinect? Its actually awesome! I never had so much fun playing game titles before, eventhough I might call myself the hardcore player in which usually plays game titles like Call of Duty and so on. The Kinect is definitely so different than anything I have ever before played before. your motion controles work really well, and not just that, but not required to use a controller to learn is the personification connected with freedom! No infuriating button smashing any longer, a single word will do! You should think about getting a Kinect!.

Chastity Tara said...

Excellent information here. This interesting post made me smile. Maybe if you throw in a couple of pics it will make the whole thing more interesting.

Nicolle Cantrall said...

If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you'll know which is right for you.

mcdonalds coupons said...

Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this also - taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and never seem to get anything done… Regards…

burgerking menu said...

I have been searching the internet for this, and I am glad I found it here! Thanks. Site has been added to my RSS feed for later browsing.

burger king nutrition said...

I know it sounds crazy but this reminded me of Abraham Lincoln's: "Everybody likes a compliment."

mcdonalds menu said...

I generally do not post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful

Many Benefits of Healthy Lifestyle

After many years of staying at home and starting to adopt the new normal, finally nakapag fun run and recreation ulit. And it's good to ...

Blog Archive