Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fasting

Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. A fast may be full  (24 hrs.) or partial (12 hrs.). Being a vegetarian is considered  fasting already, because in a way, it's avoiding the intake of all food which are available.

I did not eat since 12 midnight , and then 10 am this morning my gf asked me to eat , I said no because 2 hours from now, it will be considered a half day fast. And ideally fasting is good because it cleanses the stomach and detoxifies our system. I did this a lot of times already and I can see that the results are good, because aside from the cleansing factor, it also develops control and discipline.

Supposedly I can already eat at 12 noon , but instead of eating a full meal right ahead, I just had a buko juice.

My reason is if I'm going to eat a full meal right ahead it will shock my stomach since I just came from fasting. I should take it slow, By having only a buko juice to break from fasting, it gradually conditions your stomach to take solid food again like eating a full meal. Here are the benefits of fasting :

  • It maximizes our body 's self healing capacity.

  • Breaking of fat stored in the body.

  • Helps in eliminating or neutralizing toxins.

  • When food is no longer entering the body, the body turns to fat reserves for energy.

6 comments:

fasting diet said...

[...] few days ago I had a half day fasting. But this time around I had a [...]

eye exercises said...

I just added this web site to my google reader, great stuff. Cannot get enough!

Lovetta Hershfield said...

This was an incredible post. Really loved studying your blog post. Your data was very informative and helpful. I think you will proceed posting and updating frequently. Looking ahead to your subsequent one.

download henry's crime movie said...

Fairly strange. Is likely to appreciate it for those that include community forums or anything, internet site theme . a tones way for the client to communicate. Wonderful job..

BokeCoake said...

Hi to everyonw My name is BokeCoake and I'm just wondering how interesting this forum is . So, I justneed to know : how long should i wait before I'll get an answer to my questions.
Thanks

Campeche real estate said...

My dog really is Filipino because he won't eat the brown rice in his dog food. And hell Filipinos go wtf is this when we get brown rice...|Letter2Haters|

Many Benefits of Healthy Lifestyle

After many years of staying at home and starting to adopt the new normal, finally nakapag fun run and recreation ulit. And it's good to ...

Blog Archive