Ways to Prevent Asthma Attacks

I've been battling asthma since I was a toddler. Ever since, my doctor gave me numerous medicines that I took for such a long time. Got immune on it. And there are times that I experienced severe asthma attacks. And I even can't walk because of it.

Here are my tips on how you can prevent having asthma attacks:

1. Don't eat oily foods.
-I was told to eliminate oily foods on my food intake everyday. Eggs, chicken skins and other oily meals are some of the foods that might trigger asthma attacks. I suggest to eat vegetables everyday. It really helps me a lot.

2. Drink a lot of fluids everyday.
-My brother in law told me that he drinks at least 2 liters everyday, just a precautionary measure for asthma attacks. Trust me, it also helps me to prevent taking my medicine every morning.

3. Brisk walking in the morning
-Every morning, instead of riding a public transport going to supermarket...I walk from our house to the supermarket everyday. It took me 30-45 minutes of brisk walking and it helps to expand my lungs.

4. Don't drink cold water, beverages
-Few years ago, I'd tried to drink warm water and beverages to prevent me on having asthma attacks. It lessen the possibility of having attacks...it works!

5. Having a clean way of living
-I have a confession: I don't smoke but I'm a occassionally drinker. I stay away from attemping to try out puffing cigarettes. I always see to it that I'm in control of my diet. I don't want to have an asthma attack because I smoke or abuse myself on physical vices.

1 comment:

Dan said...

My 3-year old niece was recently diagnosed with an asthma. I remember my older sister having a hard time breathing when the weather is really hot and humid. Nice tips! =)

TopBlogs.com.ph

Health & Medicine - Top Blogs Philippines