Saturday, December 1, 2012

Acne Sucks! But it is a problem that can be managed

Studies show that Acne is one of the problems that everybody would usually encounter during teenage years. It did happen to me but thank God it didn’t showed up for long. I asked some of my friends about their experiences, some of them experienced it early some of them experienced a bit late.



Acne happens when sebaceous or oil glands attached to the hair follicles are stimulated at the time of puberty by elevated levels of hormones. Sebum is a natural substance which lubricates and protects the skin.

It is associated with increased oil production and is a change in the manner in which the skin cells mature so that they are predisposed to clog the curricular openings or pores. The clogged hair follicle gradually enlarges, producing a bump. As the follicle enlarges, the wall may rupture, allowing irritating substances and normal skin bacteria access into the deeper layers of the skin, ultimately producing inflammation.

To suffer from acne is to learn that sometimes you really have to face it, acne has led to some of my friends being really unhappy.

Melanie-horz

L-R Photo: Melanie, Val and Ness

I asked them to share how they are managing their acne, and if they have any tips or tricks to really cure acne.

Melanie blogs at http://www.eccentricyethappy.info/, Ness blogs at http://sayitnessie.com/ and Val blogs at http://www.ballerspinas.com/

When did you start having acne?
Melanie: When I was in college, I'd tried out a particular facial lotion that can treat my pimples. But when I used it for a week, I'd experience chemical reaction. Instead of eliminating acne, I'd got a lot of pimples around my face.

Ness: I remember I first noticed them in my face when I was started on my major subject during college days. Projects, thesis plus I was able to acquire vices with my friends. Not having enough sleep everyday and the bad effect of liquors and smoking I think, it’s when it all started.

Val: I started having acne when I was in high school. I was 13 years old.

Did you try using any products to hide it?
Melanie: I tried a lot of acne soaps and products, and yet I’m still having pimples. Whenever I’m going out, I tried to hide my pimples. But my friends noticed it when I concealed it with powder.

Ness: Of course! Who would want acne in their face, right?
Val: Yes. Kogic Soap

What do you do to avoid Acne?
Melanie: Before, I don’t have pimples. But when I studied in college, I’ve frequently encountered acnes. In order to prevent acne every day, I avoid eating oily foods and sleep at least 8 hours a day. I also tried having an active lifestyle, it helped me achieve an acne free skin.

Ness: Well, I tried some acne-preventing soaps, moisturizers, and even toners. Those which were recommended by my friends and those which are actually famous because of their tv commercials and celebrity endorsers.

Currently, I maintain several sessions with my favourite facial spa. Along with my daily routine of facial wash, toner and moisturizers. I also have my stock of sun-protecting moisturizers that I used to protect my skin from the scorching heat of the sun.

Val: I wash my face with warm water and then after that I was my fash with kojic acid soap for 20 seconds because if you overdo it, it will be itchy. After that I wash my face with gatsby acne prone facial wash to tighten up my skin pores and promote a softer feel on my face. I use soft cotton towel to dry up my face.

Acne or not, that has never changed my perception on my friends, because they are beautiful no matter what but it definitely is a problem that can be managed in the long run.

No comments:

Many Benefits of Healthy Lifestyle

After many years of staying at home and starting to adopt the new normal, finally nakapag fun run and recreation ulit. And it's good to ...

Blog Archive