Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Best Things I Like about Running

I was not able to ‘Outrun Myself’ during the Rexona Run 2012 but I am happy. Happiness is the biggest thing running has brought to me.

Running has always been a great activity for me. I feel so good whenever I run and I must say that it really gives me a lot of benefits; physical and mental health wise.

It has became a greater experience as I join the Rexona Run 2012 dubbed as “Outrun Yourself”.

Outrun yourself? Whoa, that means pressure for me! So if I don’t beat my personal record does it mean unsuccessful ?  No I don’t want to think it that way.

What is the best thing about Rexona Run? Overall, it was a great and fun experience!

Honestly I did not stick to what I think on what does “Outrun Yourslef” means. As long as I am happy and enjoy how I run until the finish line then I deserve recognition. That I think is the most important part.

Though I was not able to beat my previous time (World Vision, RU 2)  I am still happy because I was able to finish another 21K run and that adds up to my 21K medals. This is my third now. I finished at 3:00++ hours.

Running a 21K at the Mall of Asia is not an easy task. But thanks to Unilever, Rexona and Runrio for providing an enjoyable running experience.

My preparation:

I did not have a proper training for this because after the disaster I was not able to run and train outside.

My experience:

So I joined the 21K individual category.

I just did a very slow run from start until the 7th – 8th kilometre then I started to walk a lot while running a few distances. I didn’t experience any hydration shortage and I must say that it was a very well organized race.

I also noticed that those who were assigned to clean up the route were very effective. They immediately clean up the cups and bottles which results a very clean race path.

Banana and Sponge station were good enough. Good Job as well!

What changed my personality when I run?

  • I get to go out in front of my computer therefore I get to exercise and stretch every part of my body.

  • To have a healthy lifestyle is the most important thing in running, then losing weight follows.

  • When you feel good you will look good. It increases lung function. I can breathe better.

  • It boost my immune system and it lowers the risk of developing blood clots.

  • I tend to forget all my problems. And whenever I think of it I become mentally prepared.

It also relieves stress and eliminates depression. When I'm upset I just run outside then after a few minutes I will feel alright.

Running has a lot of benefits, more than that you also become an inspiration to other people. You become a good example to the community. Our community deserves to be fit so that we can prevent diseases and save money.

Imagine you save money for a not so pricey exercise!

Running in the Philippines, a very affordable form of exercise

Running has become a great exercise here in the Philippines. Aside from it is a very challenging sport it is also considered to be a very beneficial form of fitness.  It is good for physical and mental health. Majority of Filipinos are running enthusiasts, because this sport does not require a lot of budget therefore a lot of Filipinos are doing this regardless of their status in life.

I would like to share my previous interview with Coach Rio Dela Cruz about the good things running brings to a person.





(*1st place Rexona Run 2012 Writing Contest) first posted 9/24/13

2 comments:

jojie said...

good job

RC Organo said...

I always wanted to join any fun run but my job doesn't let me. I do wish one day I could participate.

Many Benefits of Healthy Lifestyle

After many years of staying at home and starting to adopt the new normal, finally nakapag fun run and recreation ulit. And it's good to ...

Blog Archive